Help us to make Cambridge education accessible to all
The University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) has changed its name a few times over the years but we are the oldest continuing education university department in the country.
We owe our existence to James Stuart – a great proponent of higher education for women and for the working classes, and Cambridge’s first real Professor of Engineering – who in the 1870s established a series of lectures that led directly to university 'extension courses' and today’s understanding of continuing education and lifelong learning.
Today, we have several thousand student enrolments each year and offer hundreds of high-quality, accessible, short courses and part-time educational programmes, all specifically tailored for adults and complementing the work of the University in full-time education. Courses range from short courses through to part-time undergraduate-level and postgraduate-level programmes and part-time Master’s degrees, not to mention our International Summer Programmes that bring around a thousand people to Cambridge each year.
If you would like to support our work and help us to share Cambridge's research and scholarship with the world, you can do so by making a donation via our Online Giving Site. All gifts, large or small, are very gratefully received.
You may choose to give a general donation to the Institute or make a specific donation to one of our funds described below.
Make a general donation to the Institute
General donations will allow us, for example, to make new academic appointments, to continue our public engagement work (e.g. outreach activities and public lectures and concerts), develop new programmes of study, and extend the support services and resources we provide to students and tutors.
Make a general donation to the Institute - via our Online Giving Site
Make a donation to a specific fund
Follow the links below to donate to a specific fund:
- Bursary Fund – your contribution will make it possible for us to support more individuals so that tuition fees are not a barrier to their study.
- International Programmes Bursary Fund – your contribution will make it possible for overseas students who would never otherwise be able to participate, to study one of our University of Cambridge International Summer Programmes.
- Public Engagement Fund – your contribution will help us to establish positions dedicated to the public understanding of specific fields thereby helping us to achieve our vision: sharing Cambridge with the world.
- Scholarship Fund – your contribution will make it possible for outstanding individuals to study on our Master of Studies programmes. For example, a scholarship for our Master of Studies in International Relations will assist a committed international relations advocate to study with us and return to, and work more effectively, in their country of origin.
- Building and Garden Fund – your contribution will help us to continue to keep Madingley Hall and Gardens maintained to the highest standards providing an environment conducive to learning.
If you would like to discuss a donation, please contact us by email, in confidence, at email@example.com
Thank you for your support.