Madingley Hall opens the gates to continuing education | Institute of Continuing Education skip to content

Institute of Continuing Education

 

The University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education held a ceremony today, 20 December 2016, to mark the official opening of its new entrance gates.

The 4.1m-high iron gates have been restored and extended over recent months to allow fire engines and other high-sided vehicles to pass through safely. They were originally installed by Colonel Harding, then owner of Madingley Hall, in 1909.

The ceremony was conducted by the University’s Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education, Professor Graham Virgo. It was followed by a tree-planting ceremony to mark the tercentenary year of ‘Capability’ Brown – the famous landscape architect who designed much of the landscape around Madingley Hall.

The tree, a Field Maple, was planted near the new entrance gates, in the centre of Madingley where the University and the village come together.

Order a prospectus

Sign up for email alerts

Keep up-to-date with courses, events and other activities here at the Institute.

Sign up for email alerts