Indirect property investment (Property Investment courses)
Please note that this course has started or is now finished and enrolment may no longer be possible.
You can now:
- Explore our courses in the courses pages.
- Look for courses taught by the same tutors by clicking on the tutor links below.
- Contact us to register your interest in future courses of this type.
- Look for related courses in the Related Courses tab above.
- Continue your search via the guided search or course search (show all courses).
Explore the main indirect investment routes - listed, unlisted and derivatives - and the advantages and pitfalls of different vehicles to different investors; in addition, you will examine ways of matching investor preferences to the range of investment products.
Offered as a three day face to face programme with online resources.
One of eight property investment courses offered by ICE on behalf of the Investment Property Forum
Participants who successfully complete the face to face courses of the Investment Education Programme will receive the IPF Diploma from the Investment Property Forum.
During this intensive property investment course, you will learn to:
- Match investor requirements to the investment characteristics of indirect real estate investment vehicles;
- Evaluate the risk/return profiles of indirect real estate investment vehicles within a balanced investment portfolio;
- Evaluate the operational implications for investors of indirect investment including fee structures and legal structures;
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of retail products in the indirect investment market and match to individual investor specifications;
- Critically evaluate investment structures in the UK, off-shore, Europe, and the US from the perspective of contrasting investor profiles and preferences;
- Evaluate and determine the appropriate inclusion of indirect real estate investments into an investment strategy taking account of contrasting investor profiles and preferences;
- Present and defend indirect investment proposals, combining a strategic overview with an appropriate level of detail indicating the strengths and weaknesses of recommendations;
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of new investment products as they are introduced to the market;
- Critically evaluate the relative advantages and disadvantages of direct and indirect investment in real estate from the perspective of individual investor preferences.
This course is suitable for experienced professionals only.
For more information on the Investment Property Forum, click here.
This course is part of the following award:
IPF Diploma in Investment Education
Unless otherwise stated, teaching and assessment for ICE courses are in English. Students whose first language is not English should refer to the Competence in the English Language Policy for further guidance.
Printable versions of our brochures are available to download from the Institute Publications page.
To book on this course please download the application form or contact us directly:
Write to usElizabeth Moore
Institute of Continuing Education
University of Cambridge
Madingley Hall, Madingley
+44 (0)1223 746418
20 May 2013 (09:00)
22 May 2013 (18:00)
6 May 2013
1 Ropemaker Street
Qualifications / Credits