International property investment (Property Investment courses)
Please note that this course has started or is now finished and enrolment may no longer be possible.
You can now:
- Explore our courses in the courses pages.
- Look for courses taught by the same tutors by clicking on the tutor links below.
- Contact us to register your interest in future courses of this type.
- Look for related courses in the Related Courses tab above.
- Continue your search via the guided search or course search (show all courses).
Gain an understanding of how the core skills in property investment (which are covered in other IEP modules) can be applied in an international context. You will examine case studies of major markets during this property investment course to compare and contrast domestic and international property investment processes and practices and provide an important practical context.
One of eight property investment courses offered by ICE on behalf of the Investment Property Forum, this course is offered as a three day face to face programme with online resources.
Participants who successfully complete the face to face courses of the Investment Education Programme will receive the IPF Diploma from the Investment Property Forum.
This course has been endorsed by the Board of Executive and Professional Education, University of Cambridge.
During this intensive course, your course leader and guest speakers will help you meet the following objectives:
- Develop an appreciation of the rationale for adopting an international investment strategy and an understanding of the associated risks and rewards.
- Provide a basic understanding of the contextual differences (e.g. tenure lease lengths, organisational structures) between key international real estate markets.
- Gain an overview of current trends and themes in international real estate investment markets.
- Provide an overview of international real estate data sources and an understanding of performance-measurement issues relevant to international investment.
By the end of the intensive course, you should:
- Understand, and be able to present arguments for, an international investment strategy.
- Have an insight into performance-measurement issues relevant to international property investment.
- Appreciate the role of currency risk in international investment.
- Understand some of the key differences in the operation of international markets relating to lease structures, legal structures, valuation practice and tax regimes.
- Understand recent trends in international property-investment markets.
- Appreciate the different roles that direct and indirect investment can play in an international strategy.
- Understand the key data sources available to international investors.
All participants are expected to be familiar with their "home" markets and the basics of portfolio management.
To view/download the Investment Education Programme 2011-12 brochure, click here.
For more information on the Investment Property Forum, click here.
This course is part of the following award:
IPF Diploma in Investment Education
Unless otherwise stated, teaching and assessment for ICE courses are in English. Students whose first language is not English should refer to the Competence in the English Language Policy for further guidance.
Printable versions of our brochures are available to download from the Institute Publications page.
To register your interest in this course please contact us:
Write to usElizabeth Moore
Institute of Continuing Education
University of Cambridge
Madingley Hall, Madingley
+44 (0)1223 746418
24 June 2013 (09:00)
26 June 2013 (17:00)
17 June 2013
1 Ropemaker Street
Qualifications / Credits