Portfolio management (Property Investment courses)
Please note that this course has started or is now finished and enrolment may no longer be possible.
You can now:
- Explore our courses in the courses pages.
- Look for courses taught by the same tutors by clicking on the tutor links below.
- Contact us to register your interest in future courses of this type.
- Look for related courses in the Related Courses tab above.
- Continue your search via the guided search or course search (show all courses).
If you have experience in portfolio management then this course will enable you to acquire the latest thinking on issues and techniques. You will critically examine the role of property in a multi-asset portfolio and learn to appreciate the measurement and control of risk at portfolio level.
One of eight property investment courses offered by ICE on behalf of the Investment Property Forum,this course is offered as a three day face to face programme with online resources.
Participants who successfully complete the face to face courses of the Investment Education Programme will receive the IPF Diploma from the Investment Property Forum.
This course has been endorsed by the Board of Executive and Professional Education, University of Cambridge.
Designed for experienced investment practitioners and property portfolio managers, this course builds on the Part I course: “Introduction to Investment Valuation and Portfolio Theory”, embracing both theoretical and practical concepts. You'll study the application of modern portfolio theory and investment concepts to commercial property portfolios.
In addition, you will examine:
• How investment tools may be employed in structuring property portfolios.
• How portfolio risk may be controlled.
• The role of liquidity risk.
• The risk-and-return characteristics of commercial property.
Computing applications form an integral part of the module, providing the opportunity to undertake data-related analysis and enabling the exploration of issues raised in the
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Understand the concept of efficient diversification and the role of property within amulti-asset portfolio.
• Evaluate the risk inherent in property portfolios.
• Apply risk control techniques.
• Undertake practical portfolio analysis.
Most suitable for those with experience in portfolio management who want to acquire the latest thinking on issues and techniques.
For more information on the Investment Property Forum, click here.
This course is part of the following award:
IPF Diploma in Investment Education
Unless otherwise stated, teaching and assessment for ICE courses is in English. Students for whom English is not their first language should refer to the Competence in the English Language Policy for further guidance.
Printable versions of our brochures are available to download from the Institute Publications page.
To register your interest in this course please contact us:
Write to usElizabeth Moore
Institute of Continuing Education
University of Cambridge
Madingley Hall, Madingley
+44 (0)1223 746418
23 September 2013 (09:00)
25 September 2013 (17:00)
16 September 2013
1 Ropemaker Street
Qualifications / Credits