Booking information | Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) skip to content

Institute of Continuing Education (ICE)


This section includes useful information about accommodation, accommodation between consecutive programmes/terms, special requirements, building works and insurance.


Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. If requested in advance, couples will be assigned to adjacent single rooms where possible. A limited number of twin and double en suite rooms are available.

All rooms must be vacated after breakfast on your departure date. We reserve the right to pass on to students any charges levied for any loss or damage to College property, including for lost keys.

Non-residential attendance is also possible. The Cambridge Visitor Information Centre is able to provide information about accommodation. The University can accept no responsibility for finding accommodation for those applying for non-residential places.

Early arrivals / late departures

Unfortunately we are unable to provide College accommodation before or after our programmes. However, if you would like to arrive early or depart after your programme has finished, you may be able to book a room directly with the Colleges once your application has been accepted. Further information will be available on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Alternatively, you can book a room through,, or

Accommodation between consecutive programmes/terms

Those attending two, or more, consecutive programmes/terms will automatically have their College accommodation booked for the extra night(s) between and be charged accordingly. Please email by 1 June 2020 if you do not want these extra nights, in which case you will be asked to vacate and clear your room.

Special requirements

We make every effort to accommodate the needs of those with special dietary or medical requirements. If the College to which you have been allocated cannot meet your requirement, we will offer you accommodation in a different College. Please indicate on your application form whether you have any special requirements and we will contact you for further information.

Building works

We can accept no responsibility for disturbance caused by building works, but have alerted the Colleges and the Sidgwick Site facilities team to our student's needs, and expect any disruption to be minimal during teaching hours.

Medical insurance

Your home country may have an arrangement with the UK so that medical care is free, for instance European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for EU nationals. If it does not, you must take out medical insurance to ensure you are covered during your stay, particularly if you have known medical needs that may require attention. Medical costs are expensive and payment is often needed at the time of treatment.

Travel insurance

You must take out travel insurance to cover yourself for your return journey and the duration of your stay. Please be aware that we cannot refund fees in the case of a Visa application being refused. It should cover any expenses incurred as a result of lost or stolen property, late arrival, early or delayed departure, or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances. For our refund and cancellation policy please click here. The University accepts no liability for loss or damage to student property.

The University's International Summer Programmes are an embodiment of our mission 'to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence'.

Professor Graham Virgo QC (Hon), Senior Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education)

Browse our 2020 prospectus

Details for 2021 programmes to follow in due course.