skip to content

Institute of Continuing Education (ICE)

University of Cambridge procedure for handling cases of harassment and sexual misconduct (award-bearing courses)

We are committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and affirms the right of all members to be treated with dignity and respect.

The University of Cambridge prohibits students from engaging in physical misconduct, sexual misconduct and abusive behaviour. These terms are defined within the University’s Rules of Behaviour.The University takes allegations of harassment and sexual misconduct very seriously and may take action, including disciplinary action, in response to a complaint from a student.

If you have experienced any form of misconduct, harassment, bullying or discrimination, and whether you would like to report it or not, it is advised that you speak to the Deputy Director of Academic Centres - Student and Professional Services (or delegate) who will be able to provide you with information on external support services for your circumstances.


Reporting the behaviour of other students and staff

You can report inappropriate behaviour of other students and staff either anonymously or with your contact details using Report+Support. If you report with contact details, a member of the Office of Student Conduct, Complaints and Appeals (OSCCA) team will be in contact with you in 5 working days to discuss the next steps. 

If you report inappropriate behaviour through Report+Support and include your contact details, the following action can be initiated with your consent:

  • Informal Complaint Procedure for Student Misconduct (where you would like action taken to limit your possible interactions with another student, but no formal sanctions to be taken)
  • The University's Student Disciplinary Procedure (if you want your complaint to be formally investigated with findings made and possible sanctions imposed)
  •  Report a member of staff through the Student Complaints Procedure.

If you believe that a criminal offence has been committed then you can report the matter to the police.

For full guidance on how to report inappropriate behaviour of other students and staff please see the Office of Student Conduct, Complaints and Appeals website

If you have any questions about reporting you can email staff at OSCCA

Course type: 
Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma
Undergraduate Certificate/Diploma
Appeals and complaints

How can we help?

Do you have any questions? Contact us here »

Whilst you're there, make sure that you sign up to our mailing to be kept up-to-date with courses, events and other activities here at the University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education.

You can unsubscribe at any time. See our privacy notice for more information on how we take care of your data.