Dr Patrick Harding
Naturalist and Author
Patrick Harding has enjoyed teaching adults for 30-years and for the last 20-years has contributed to the Residential Programme at Madingley. Patrick lectured at Sheffield University for 20-years where he organised the science programme for the Institute of Continuing Education. He imparts information through profusely illustrated lectures backed up by handouts and book displays. He considers humour important and steers away from a dry approach. He includes field visits and, where possible, poetry and prose to broaden a subject. Patrick has considerable media experience including Radio 4 (Natural History, Christmas) and Television (Flying Gardener, Castle in the Country, Mushrooms, Christmas).
- Collins Mushroom Miscellany. 2008. HarperCollins
- The Christmas Book. 2007. Metro Publishing
- Need to Know? Mushroom Hunting. 2006. HarperCollins
- Patrick’s Florilegium. 2005. The Hallamshire Press
- Collins Gem Mushrooms. 2004. HarperCollins
- Wild Flowers of the Peak District. 2000. The Hallamshire Press
- How to Identify Trees. 1998. HarperCollins
- How to Identify Edible Mushrooms. 1996. HarperCollins
- PhD Plant Ecology and Evolution, University of York
- BSc Agricultural Botany, University of Wales Bangor
Grassland fungi on the lawns at Chatsworth.