Set around large secluded gardens, this graceful College is just across the road from your lecture rooms, yet still within easy walking distance of the historic city centre. Meals are served buffet-style and taken in the airy dining hall overlooking the colourful gardens.
Founded in 1871, Newnham received a College charter in 1917 and in 1948 its women finally received University degrees. The graceful Queen Anne style buildings are set around the extensive lawns and flower beds of the beautiful gardens. You can choose a shared-facility single room or an en suite room situated upstairs on the first or second floor. Newnham is popular with those wanting the choice that a buffet-style dinner provides combined with a traditionally-served Closing Dinner on the final night of each two-week term.
Please note: there is limited availability of en suite rooms. Although a single-sex College during the academic year, Newnham is open to everyone during the summer. Major building works will be taking place in part of the College this summer.
Facilities include: en suite and standard rooms; wifi access in rooms; bed linen and towels; laundry room.
Fees include bed, breakfast, evening meals and Closing Dinner.
- En suite: Two-week programme or term £1,130
- En suite: One week only – not available
- En suite: Extra nights (Saturdays) if you are attending two, or more, consecutive programmes £87
- Standard: Two-week programme or term £995
- Standard: One week only £465
- Standard: Extra nights (Saturdays) if you are attending two, or more, consecutive programmes £77